Monday 7 August 2017

Pin It

Scotland 2017 - Distilled out

What's better than visiting one whisky distillery? Why, visiting three distilleries all in one day! Yes, I managed to visit The Dalmore, Glenmorangie, and also Balblair on Saturday. 
At 5pm I was done and headed off to find a place to camp for the night. With the sun shining I set up the tent next to the Strathrory-Scotsburn drove road, and Pip and I had our dinner bathed in glorious sunshine. 
My night of camping was slightly marred by a hole in my mattress, but I was determined to spend at least one night in my tent. 
Cold, tired, and bleary eyed, Pip and I got up for a walk at 6am. It was cold. Cold enough for gloves and a woolly hat, but I didn't have either of those. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful start to the day, with mist rising over the Strathrory. Now it's definitely time for a cup of tea ...

No comments:

Post a Comment